JOB TITLE: Java Developer
The Java Developer serves as a member of a development team responsible for taking software development projects from start to completion. The technology platform is comprised of Java, J2EE Application Servers and MySQL databases all in a Linux/Windows environment.
- Designs and codes applications that solve a variety of major business issues
- Creates technical documentation to support maintenance of the applications
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
3+ years of web based J2EE development experience. Specifically, we are seeking someone with:
- Experience with the Spring framework.
- Experience with a mainstream Java web development framework, preferably Struts2
- Experience with ORM frameworks, preferably Hibernate.
- Comfortable with agile development methodologies.
- Deep knowledge / passion with web based user interfaces. Presentation tier design and implementation experience required with:
- HTML / CSS
- JSP / JSTL
- Experience with Adobe Flex a plus
- 1+ years experience with SOA / messaging technologies including:
- ESB development experience, preferably Mule.
- XML development with a mainstream framework, preferably JAXB.
- SOAP / REST experience with Java technologies (Axis, Xfire)
- Comfortable working in a controlled development environment, including experience/familiarity with:
- Maven 2
- Must be comfortable with Unix/Linux environments. Administration experience preferable.
- Must possess good hardware, operating system and troubleshooting skills.
- Must possess good project management and organizational skills.
- 10-15 years of experience in related field.
- Undergraduate Degree in Related Field.
- Entrepreneurship, Sense of Urgency: Candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self confidence to be assertive when taking a position, not afraid to make decisions.
- Indomitable work ethic: Candidate can reject setbacks and enthusiastically persists until ambitious goals are achieved. The successful candidate will be resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges in a timely matter.
- Flexible and adaptable: Candidate should be able to switch gears in various high-stress situations and apply themselves to quickly learning new technologies and adopting new methodologies.
- Communicative: Candidate will take an "open source" attitude to quality assurance. Keeps others in the company informed and up to date on his or her priorities, current tasks and work completed. Encourages constructive criticism on his or her work
- Image and presence: Candidate will have significant exposure to customers and industry partners alike. As such, he or she must project the professional image of the company both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail: Candidate must live by the mantra of “the devil is in the details” and will take great pride in getting it right.
- Accountability: Candidate should be a results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes absolute ownership, and champions all aspects of customer and product initiatives.
- Efficient and Creative: Candidate should be able to think outside the box to find the optimal solution to problems.
- Problem solver: Candidate should be a strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation